Raja Yoga offers… meditation classes, private lessons, weekend retreats, as well as a 100 hour meditation intensive and teacher certification program.
Wesley Tudor is highly trained in meditation as practiced in the Himalayan Yoga Tradition, as well as in guided relaxation and biofeedback. All students are welcome to attend the Saturday morning 8:15 a.m. class which takes place one block from the studio. Private lessons are also available and a good idea if one is completely new to meditation.
The meditation classes center around a 45 minute sit. We start with some warm up which may consist of breathing exercises, relaxation, discussion, or a few stretches. After the meditation there is time to check in and to discuss experiences and trouble shoot any obstacles which arise. Meditating with a group can give a helpful boost to your practice, and the sharing of experiences helps everyone to learn and grow.
Meditation Intensive and Teacher Certification Program Begins In Early April!
The structure of this 100 hour training is as follows and includes:
Three weekend intensives, plus a weekend immersion at the Himalayan Institute! So four weekends total.
The dates are:
March 31st – April 2
April 21st – 23rd (at Himalayan Institute)
May 5th – 7th
May 19th – 21st
Fri 6-9 p.m.
Sat 1-5 p.m., 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Sun 1-5 p.m., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Required home practice of 20 minutes per day minimum.
Attending one weekend meditation retreat at the Himalayan Institute.
One private EEG biofeedback session.
One float in a sensory deprivation floatation tank.
The keeping of a meditation journal.
Various home reading assignments.
Students will receive broad and in-depth instruction in various meditation methods. We will look at and experiment with the techniques taught in all popular schools of meditation, but will focus on mantra-based meditation as is primary in yoga. An emphasis will also be placed on leading guided meditations, as these are especially useful for those who are unable to take traditional postures. Upon completing the program, opportunities may be available to volunteer as an instructor in our non-profit outreach programs. The fundamentals of posture, breath, and relaxation techniques will be emphasized, and possibly some more advanced pranayama practices.
Trainings are offered once per year, and the next training begins this Spring.
Relay your interest to Wes as soon as possible. firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of the training is $950, plus the weekend retreat, which as a participant in the program will be discounted.
Application For Meditation Intensive and Teacher Training 50% Scholarship
(Please send an email to email@example.com answering the following questions)
- Please state your reason for wanting to be in the training.
- Please tell us your prior experience with meditation and what style or styles of meditation you may be familiar with.
- We are looking for individuals who are interested in teaching meditation in our community outreach programs. If you have some idea of which populations you’d be interested in working with please list them here and explain why those particular groups interest you. These could be populations we already work with or new ones we might branch out into.
- Please list both your work and educational background.
- This is a need and merit based scholarship please state your annual income for the last 3 years as stated on your income tax return, and if you have any other forms of financial support please honestly mention them.
- Can you affirm that you have no existing conflicts with the dates and times of the Spring Training, and that you will do all you can within reason to attend 100% of the hours of the four training weekends.
Like us on Facebook for wise spiritual quotes and studio updates.
Follow us on Instagram for cool pics and info on our non-profit programs.