Sign up for any workshop by emailing email@example.com
April 26th, Sat 2-5 p.m.
Introduction to Meditation
Start to de-stress! In this introductory workshop you will learn:
* To sit in a comfortable meditation pose, either on the floor or in a chair.
* A short hatha routine (9 poses) to prepare you for practice.
* To breath deeply and with the diaphragm, an essential prerequisite to meditation.
* The difference between contemplation and meditation and how they work together.
* A simple mantra to use in meditation which is coordinated with the breath.
* To understand the 8 limbs of Raja Yoga, and the place of meditation within them.
* To identify and remove many of the common obstacles to effective meditation.
Cost of the workshop is $75, or $60 for those with regular class packages. For more information see the MEDITATION page of the website. If you cannot attend this date, but are eager to join the program, a private instruction session can suffice for the prerequisite to attend the weekly classes, or another workshop can be added to the schedule if there is sufficient interest.
April 27th, Sun 2-4 p.m.
Ayurveda: The Traditional Medicine of India
Ayurveda translates as “knowledge of life.” The knowledge of how to maintain health was accumulated over thousands of years in ancient India. Regarded as the sister science of yoga, Ayurveda is the means used by yogis to achieve perfect health of mind, body, and spirit. It is as useful to us in the modern world as it was to the yogis of old. In this workshop, you will discover your constitutional type, and learn what you personally need to flourish and grow in healthy and wisdom. This holistic medicine will help you achieve balance and prevent illnesses you’d be prone to have before they happen!
Cost is $40, or $30 for those with regular class packages
Like us on facebook for wise spiritual quotes and workshop reminders