Sign up for any workshop by emailing email@example.com
Exploring the Moon Salutation with Kathy Revelle
March 22, Sunday 2-4:30 p.m.
Come join us for an afternoon of practice focused around the Moon Salutation, or Chandra Namaskar! The moon salutation is a delightful vinyasa flow which is not as well known as the classic sun salutation, but offers a refreshing change of pace and some Yin energy to balance all the Yang energy of our fast paced culture.
We will explore the cycles, qualities, & energies provided by the moon. We will learn how the wisdom of the moon relates to the inner rhythms of our own emotional and physical bodies. We will also learn to use the moons natural cycles to set intentions for creativity and personal growth. After embracing all it has to offer us, we will channel the moon’s calming & cooling energy into practice as we graciously flow through several moon salutations, followed by a chanting of the moon’s mantra. The gentle flow and calming qualities of the moon salutation make this workshop accessible for all levels of practice.
Bring you body, mind & spirit and be prepared to dive into some lunar wisdom!
Cost is $40, or $30 for regular class package holders.
Introduction to Meditation
January 24th, Sat 2-5 p.m.
Individual trainings can be schedule between now and this workshop.
Start to de-stress! In this introductory workshop you will learn:
* To sit in a comfortable meditation pose, either on the floor or in a chair.
* A short hatha routine (9 poses) to prepare you for practice.
* To breath slowly and deeply using the diaphragm, an essential prerequisite to meditation, and an important life skill.
* The difference between contemplation and meditation techniques.
* A simple mantra to use in meditation which is coordinated with the breath.
* To understand the 8 limbs of Raja Yoga, and the place of meditation within.
* To identify and remove many of the common obstacles to effective meditation.
Cost of the workshop is $75, or $60 for those with regular class packages. For more information see the MEDITATION page of the website. If you cannot attend this date, but are eager to join the program, a private instruction session can suffice for the prerequisite to attend the weekly classes, or another workshop can be added to the schedule if there is sufficient interest.
Like us on facebook for wise spiritual quotes and workshop reminders