Sign up for any workshop by emailing email@example.com
March 15th, Saturday 2-5 p.m.
Yoga Nidra: The Yogic Art of Sleep
Yogis can function well on very little sleep, sometimes as little as two hours a night! They claim this is because there is a state which is more restful than sleep, and that state is called Yoga Nidra. In addition to accessing this state for deep rest, yogis use it to plant seeds of transformation in the subconscious mind. In Yoga Nidra, systematic relaxation and visualization techniques are used which yield astonishing results. Who wouldn’t want to come take a workshop on sleep!
Cost of the workshop is $40, or $30 for full price class card holders.
March 22nd, Saturday 2-5 p.m.
Introduction to Meditation
Also Sunday March 30th 2-5 p.m.
By Special Request
Start to de-stress! In this introductory workshop you will learn:
* To sit in a comfortable meditation pose, either on the floor or in a chair.
* A short hatha routine (9 poses) to prepare you for practice.
* To breath deeply and with the diaphragm, an essential prerequisite to meditation.
* The difference between contemplation and meditation and how they work together.
* A simple mantra to use in meditation which is coordinated with the breath.
* To understand the 8 limbs of Raja Yoga, and the place of meditation within them.
* To identify and remove many of the common obstacles to effective meditation.
Cost of the workshop is $75, or $60 for Raja Yoga class card holders. For more information see the MEDITATION page of the website. If you cannot attend this date, but are eager to join the program, a private instruction session can suffice for the prerequisite to attend the weekly classes, or another workshop can be added to the schedule if there is sufficient interest.
Like us on facebook for wise spiritual quotes and workshop reminders