Sign up for any workshop by emailing email@example.com
Fall Chakra Awakening Series with Mary Harju
November 23rd, Sunday 2-5 p.m. “The Higher Spiritual Centers”
This series of 3 workshops is designed to help you tune into the subtle energies at work in your yoga practice. Through developing sensitivity to each of these major energy centers, or Chakras, and learning about the distinct characteristics of each, you will awaken to new possibilities in your practice and in your life. Join us for a practice to awaken the upper three chakras, the energetic centers that connect you to your inner world. Using postures, breath, aromatherapy, and guided meditation, take your practice to a deeper level by dipping into the ocean your own inherent creativity, intuition, and bliss. You need not have attended the first two workshops to take this one.
Cost is $40, or $30 for regular class package holders.
Introduction to Meditation
December 13th, Sat 2-5 p.m.
Individual trainings can be schedule between now and this workshop.
Start to de-stress! In this introductory workshop you will learn:
* To sit in a comfortable meditation pose, either on the floor or in a chair.
* A short hatha routine (9 poses) to prepare you for practice.
* To breath slowly and deeply using the diaphragm, an essential prerequisite to meditation, and an important life skill.
* The difference between contemplation and meditation techniques.
* A simple mantra to use in meditation which is coordinated with the breath.
* To understand the 8 limbs of Raja Yoga, and the place of meditation within.
* To identify and remove many of the common obstacles to effective meditation.
Cost of the workshop is $75, or $60 for those with regular class packages. For more information see the MEDITATION page of the website. If you cannot attend this date, but are eager to join the program, a private instruction session can suffice for the prerequisite to attend the weekly classes, or another workshop can be added to the schedule if there is sufficient interest.
Like us on facebook for wise spiritual quotes and workshop reminders