Sign up for any workshop by emailing email@example.com
Purchase workshops at standard price on the “classes” page of the website. Class package holders can purchase at a discounted rate at the studio.
Introduction to Meditation
June 20th, Sat 2-5 p.m.
Individual trainings can be schedule between now and this workshop.
Start to de-stress! In this introductory workshop you will learn:
* To sit in a comfortable meditation pose, either on the floor or in a chair.
* A short hatha routine (9 poses) to prepare you for practice.
* To breath slowly and deeply using the diaphragm, an essential prerequisite to meditation, and an important life skill.
* The difference between contemplation and meditation techniques.
* A simple mantra to use in meditation which is coordinated with the breath.
* To understand the 8 limbs of Raja Yoga, and the place of meditation within.
* To identify and remove many of the common obstacles to effective meditation.
Cost of the workshop is $75, or $60 for those with regular class packages. For more information see the MEDITATION page of the website. If you cannot attend this date, but are eager to join the program, a private instruction session can suffice for the prerequisite to attend the weekly classes, or another workshop can be added to the schedule if there is sufficient interest.
Like us on facebook for wise spiritual quotes and workshop reminders